Thursday, July 17, 2008

Between You and Me

Between You and Me

Each of us comes from a different country, culture and family. We grew up and are the way we are, because of what we have learned and how we have lived with others and understood other people. Especially, it is not easy to live abroad by ourselves. Sometimes people are difficult; we have to try really hard to get along with them. So taking time to get experience and know people is the best thing for us to do. Therefore, I always tell myself that no one is perfect and then just get to know them.Now I have a chance to know people from Nepal, because in our class more than 75 percent are Nepalese. All of my Nepalese friends study for a bachelor’s degree, but Lee and I study for an MBA. Actually, Lee and I are very similar in everything; such as, our purpose in the future, hobbies, music, and we have both been in the US for two years. Maybe, because we are Chinese-Thai and we have the same culture and life style.Most of Nepalese in the class, they have been in the US for almost a month. Thus, they are new and still need more time to learn American culture. I like to listen to music and talk on the phone when I have a free time, same as them, But Bijay likes Rock music and Kritika likes R and B, Hip Pop and Rap, all of which I do not like. However, all of us think that we have so many things different from the US. For instance, culture, people, transportation, food and even the way they build houses.After graduation, I would like to do my own business same as Bijay and Lee. Biswajung wants to continue study in political science. Kritika plans to find a good job that is suitable for her. The other thing that I want to talk about is if I became a world leader, I would like to force countries that own oil to produce more oil and decrease the price, so we could solve the world economic problems. Otherwise, every country will encounter economic problems and people will have a lower quality of life. On the other hand, Bijay and Kritika are concerned about world peace. But, Biswajung and Lee would love to help poor people by creating opportunities for them to study, work and get food.All the above tells a little about us, so we have some differences and some similarities. But we are all at Lincoln University, and we are friends. Now we can share our experiences and learn about eachother’s culture. The most important thing for us is finishing our education and then following our goals. Beyond that I am going to do my best, and whatever happens I will agree with that result.

No comments: