Monday, July 21, 2008

How to cook Pad Thai

How to Cook Pad Thai

I have learned how to cook after I had to live by myself in America. Before I was never interested to learn how to cook, because I thought it was complicated and spend a lot of time to cook. I would rather eat out than cook at home. However I need to save money for my school, then I started to cook at home. My first dish that I cooked, it was rice soup. Taste was good from MSG. I gave a bowl of my rice soup to my friend to tested it; my friend said that it looked good and teased good, but after he finished that he was thirsted a lot. I gave him two big glasses of water and told him that I pushed MSG in rice soup to make it delicious. After that he never eats my food again. But now I know how to cook and I have my own recipe.

Pad Thai is my favorite food, and I think a lot of people know it. It is really easy to cook Pad Thai. You need to prepare all ingredients; rice noodles, bean spouts, eggs, shrimps, chickens, vegetable oil, sugar,fish sauce, chopped garlic, steam onion, chopped pea nuts. You can find everything from Chinese market.
First, Soak noodles in plenty of cold water for at least 1 hour. And then, Combine tamarind paste with warm water in a small bowl and let soak for a while. Mash it and transfer the mud-like mixture to a strainer set into a bowl. Mash and push with a spoon, forcing liquid to strain into the bowl. Scrape off the juice that clings to the underside of the strainer. You will have tamarind juice. Add to it the fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Beat to thoroughly mix and reserve. Discard the solids left in the strainer. Heat oil in a wok until it is just about to smoke. Add garlic and stir, letting it cook for about 30 seconds. Add chicken and shrimps and stir-fried for 1 more minute. Break eggs into wok and let them fry without breaking them up for 1-2 minutes. While eggs cook, quickly drain the noodles and then add to wok, giving them a quick fold, stir-frying for 1 minute from the bottom up. Add tamarind juice, sauces and continue stir-frying, mixing everything together for 1-2 minutes. Add ground peanuts, bean spout and green onion and stir.
After that, decorate a serving dish with fresh bean spout, lemon and green onion. Transfer noodle to serving dish and top with ground pea nuts and crush chili. Finally, you will get a great dish and you will like it.
Thai foods are my favorite because I grew up with it and it is spicy, I love spicy foods. Usually, the spicy taste in Thai foods comes from chili. It will burn your mount after you eat it, but it good for your health. It is a simply way to cook for yourself.

No comments: