Monday, July 21, 2008

my college life

My College Life

If we talk about a wonderful memory in our life, I think most people are going to think about their college life same as me. I spent all four years with my family and friends. It was a moment that I have never forgotten it. In addition to, I have got a lot of experiences from various situations that I have done before. It was either right or wrong decisions, but it taught me how to cope with problems. I did not get only a degree from my college but I got friends and I got such a great times. If I can turn back to the past I would back to that moment.

My first year in college was very fun, a lot of activities for freshmen. However, I got a hard time because my daily life totally changed from high school. I moved to dormitory, I got a freedom to do anything I wanted to without my parent permission, but I had to take care of myself. Sometime I would rather ask an advice from my friends than my parent, because I thought they understood me more than my parent. Anyway, we were too young to make a right decision. Most of the time my parent was disappointed in me, but I did learn from that experiences.

I still remembered my feeling, when I was in first year of my college. At that time I didn’t like seniors in my college at all, because they forced all freshmen to do whatever they ordered. They practiced us like a soldiers. When they said “sit”, we had to sit. When they said “stand”, we had to stand. We were not able to talked or asked for anything. One night during in that activity, it was in garden and it had a lot of bugs. I felt itchy on my legs, then I asked for permission to scratched, but they yell at me like I did something wrong. Three of them came to me, and said that I didn’t have enough tolerance and if I couldn’t pass this training, I couldn’t be in this freshmen group. I was scared and cried. From that day, I never ask for any permission from them. Finally, I knew reason why they trained us like that, because they wanted us to have a tolerance for difficult situations.

Freshman’s sports were the one activity that I had a great time with my friends. I was a cheering team. At the last round of soccer game, it was fun and excited. I lost my voice because of that game, I shouted to cheer them up. Basically, I am a bashful person, but in that game I danced sang and played wave with all my friends. Finally, my team won. After that we celebrated at my faculty building, we got drunk all night.

If I have a magic, I will turn back to the college life time. I got a great friends, a lot of experiences, fun and knowledge. It was not only knowledge from text books, but it came from experiences. I have done everything that teenager should be know. That’s why I can stay in America by myself without afraid of any problems. When I encounter with a hard situation, I solve problems step by step until problems solve.

No comments: